View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #60
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
Congratulations on the move...uh....unless you're on the run, then congratulations on the escape! Looks like you're going to be a bit off on the time zones but, you might be just what some of the night owls around here need! I generally only get on here at work when I have a good run going that I can just sit back and watch.
How difficult has it been adjusting to the other side of the road? I'd be afraid to drive anywhere that's backwards to us. Too many ingrained reflexes that might do the wrong thing at the wrong time!
HA! Thanks! Only thing I have escaped is tipping waitstaff....which is fantastic BTW

I would say the "wrong side of the road factor" is far less of a big deal than I thought it'd be. I had practice in a few cars, and that is much more complicated because almost everything is reversed. The bike is exactly the same, so you just have to deal with side of road, not side of car (where is the damn blinker, shifter is on the left, not the right, etc).

Every now and then I do have muscle memory tell me "YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE FUCKING ROAD!" but it only lasts a second and I get a hold of myself and make sure I am on the correct side.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote