View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #16
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

The BTO20 is a good tire. Good mileage and traction. I have 7,000 miles on my stock tires and they're just ready for replacement. The rear is pretty square, and the front is scalloped (might be from improper inflation- didn't check as often as I should). That deep tread is good for in the rain. They don't like gravel, but what tire does? Tar snakes and irregular pavement aren't too bad.

I'm moving up to Pilot Road 2s I'm getting a smokin' deal on, so I'll see how they compare. Those should be in and mounted next saturday. I'm only paying $135 for the front and $159 for the rear. Compare that to almost $200 each from Parts Unlimited. Kneedraggers is almost that low though.

As far as shift points... the 650R and SV have the same redline, but different dyno curves, but easy riding I usually shift at 5500-6000 RPMs. Harder I'll shift at about 9500-10000 because power drops off above there. Never really ridden an SV, but in the showroom it takes a little fishing to find neutral (not as much as a Buell though). The Kawi is the nicest bike I've ridden in that regard.

I have a 2" long rubber hotrod keychain I got at my insurance agent. Never had a problem with scratches, but sometimes it gets stuck between the handlebars and ignition making it difficult to remove with gloves on.