View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deazy View Post
I found ya'll!!! Anyway just wanted to know who all is going this year? Couple of questions, I really wanted to sit at the corkscrew but is that not offered? I looked at the track map and it looks like there is some sort of camp ground next to it but no seating. This will be my first time going, and wanted some tips on how to avoid the stress of seating and trying to really enjoy the race. I really want to meet some of the riders too and get some pics but does all that really take place or is the grid really busy all weekend? Thanks you guys in advance.
I rode my Busa out there in '05 for MotoGP. It was definitely a madhouse.

1. As was mentioned, the Corkscrew is open seating. Wear some comfortable shoes though, because they *will* get a workout. Take a backpack with you too, or maybe even add a Camelbak to the mix, unless you enjoy paying $3 for a bottle of water and $4 for a can of Redbull.

2. There is a campground in the general vicinity of the Corkscrew. I know it was packed the year I went.

3. You'll have *some* luck with the MotoGP riders in the paddock, but if you're expecting to get Nicky Hayden or Valentino Rossi's autograph, you can forget it. The not so popular guys *might* come out of the garages, but the big names, forget it.

Enjoy it and have fun!