View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Might as well keep track of work in this thread.
Sunday 2/5
Removed following
1. Tank
2. Airbox
3. Battery
4. Fuel pump
5. Spark plugs
6. breather hose...fuel drainage hoses
Screws kept in clear container with brown lid
Noticed oil on #2 and #4 spark plugs (already have SP well seals..will replace at later date)
Tossed rags in carb inlets.
Tossed it in second gear and rolled it back and forth to make sure everything moves freely.
Checked ground wire from battery, starter, starter solenoid and all the other wires in the vicinity under the seat. All passed wiggle wiggle test (carefully eyeballed multimeter on shelf...did not touch because its super bowl sunday and I'm not ready for all that electrical testin business)
Located disconnected sidestand switch and pulled off decades old grime encrusted electrical tape. Noted. identified wire to neutral switch and cleaned off connector.
Partially wiped down area around starter. More wiggle wiggle tests.
Focus on fuel tank.
Filled with old fuel but need to change out petcock. Swapped out for new one I had lying around but never got around to installing and replaced the line going to pump....but not actually going to the pump since I broke the fuel filter trying to get the line off. good thing I still have an old filter from years ago that I replaced for the fuck of it. Will take care of all on a warmer day when I strip the bike down more.

Put plugs back in and will continue next weeked.

Accomplishment today:
Replaced fuel petcock
replaced fuel line
broke fuel filter
Broke mount tab in tail section while trying to spin rear wheel. Will fix when body work is all off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote