Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #911
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
For the Austin folk, I just picked up some 5.56 at cabelas in buda today @ 9.99/20.

Sucks but that's the new reality. They had quite a bit when I left but I'd call first. (I bought mine at 11:55 am)
That was the case at Gander Mtn saturday here! VERY limited 5.56/223 on the shelf. They had some steel casing crap for $29 a 50 round box OR Winchester 55 grain 5.56 for $12 a 20 round box. But they DID have a 7500 round metal barrel of. 308 tracer for $6,999

The winchester ammo was stacked 5 high on the middle shelf on the 223/5.56 aisle and I grabbed what I wanted (or should I say what I could afford that day) and turned to walk away when I was almost knocked down by a skinny guy coming from my right who had just eyed it himself. While he was attempting to knock me over I noticed a shopping cart almost hitting me from the left side with some fat dude with a gun show stamp on his right hand pushing the cart. Fat dude had his left arm extended with left hand behind the boxes, walking and scooping them into the cart as if he was on "Supermarket Sweep". The boxes of ammo falling in his cart by "5"s as the other guy started stacking them on his left arm 5 at a time in a FURY as fast as HE could. I backed up in a gap in the aisle behind us and watched as these two "competitors" did their best to rid the entire shelf of this ammo. Skinny guy still could have held 2 more stacks of 5 but fat boy had cleared the shelf of it. They stood there glaring at each other for a few seconds, then they both moved down to the cheap .223 ammo where skinny boy held his ground "looking" and blocking fatboys cart LOL
If I didn't have my arms full of ammo I coulda video'd this lovely turn of events