View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 03:22 AM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I haven't changed gearing in a street bike since '97 and I was probably stupid to do it then. The factories spends millions on research to determine the best set-up for "all around street riding" and that's the type of riding I do so why fuck with it?

BTW the fine print on the "lifetime warranty" states that you must use their chain the entire time to qualify. On the positive side,you would save money in just a couple years if you are their target customer. They aren't marketing to guys that run stock steel sprockets. They are after the "rotating mass" weight saving guys. The guys that buy aluminum sprockets. A decent AL sprocket costs $50-60 and up. I've had an alum sprocket wear out in one or two tire changes. When I lived in Mi,I went thru 2-3 rear tires and a front or two per season. Basically,I'd kill 2 alum sprockets a year. In two years ...paid for and then it's gravy! Besides if you stick to the same bike like me ( '01,'03 and '06 GSXR1000)and aren't stupid like me,you'll move the sprocket from bike to bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote