View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Those are the same hacks that do the commentating for US WSBK races on Speed. Much better to watch those races on mute.

NO idea how they landed those jobs.
I hated how White and Russel did Laguna this past weekend. Being forced to watch "shitville Man" call Moto GP is just wrong. Whenever my mom walks in when I'm watching an AMA race, she yells "OMG how did he land that job." I tell her that he is Mr Daytona, so apparently he is qualified to be an announcer. She just shivered and said that he sounds like Deputy Dog with a mouth full of shit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Is the reliability of the motogp.com feed better now than in previous years? A few years ago I did the same thing, but then it became really hard to connect to races (and to watch a full race without an interrupted connection). Now I just torrent the euro coverage.

To me, Toby Moody and Julian Ryder are the voices of MotoGP. They usually miscall something at least once a race, but you also get gems like:

Toby: Dani Pedrosa [weighs] 49 kilos!

Julian: My lord, I've had bigger dogs.
Toby and Julian are good, not sure I like them as much as Gavin and Nick. I always like that third guy that is behind Toby and Julian, who chimes in every so often about mechanical and technical stuff. He always makes me laugh.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote