View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
I'll say the same thing to you that I said to liberals who were blasting President Bush for his numerous vacations: no president of this country is ever really on vacation. Do you honestly think that the president doesn't spend most of every day dealing with affairs of state even while on vacation? Hell, average schmuck businessmen don't even get vacations to themselves anymore, with cellphones and notebook computers and tablets and every other method that the job sticks to them. No president just puts the job on hold because he isn't physically inside the White House.

And personally, to paraphrase Carlos Mencia, I want the man with his finger on the red button to be as fucking relaxed as possible. Now watch this drive...
The complaints about the Obama's vacations aren't that he isn't working, it is the cost involved. More specifically it is the millions of dollars of taxpayer money being spent on those vacations while at the same time the Executive branch is seemingly trying to maximize the public impact of the sequester cuts to justify Obama's chicken little routine. Personally I don't care, but I understand the complaint.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote