View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Day 8:

The cluster that was the 390 mile ride from Oakhurst, CA to San Rafael, CA. The day started off freakin beautiful turned into shit and then became nice again.

I started off in Oakhurst and had a short trip into Yosemite. I didn't really see anything all that grand at first. It was kinda cold this morning. Storms were moving in, but was still sunny. I took some advice from an ADVrider in my thread and hit up Glacier Point Road first. It was a nice ride, but when I hit the end it became a HOLY SHIT moment. Overlooking Yosemite Valley became my first view of El Capitan and the waterfalls. THIS PLACE WAS JUST DAMN!!! I did not expect anything to beat the Grand Canyon, but Yosemite just about did it. I will have to give them a tie. Yosemite is one of my new favorite places on earth.

After Glacier Point, I went into the valley and the views just got better. This place is amazing, this should be on everyone's bucket list. Yosemite Valley, just wow....

After Yosemite, I took a wrong turn out and went 140 instead of 120 into Merced, then 99 up into a bunch of interstates down into Cupertino and made a stop at geek heaven at 1 Infinity Loop and got the obligatory Apple store t-shirt. From there I took a interstate to a very fun motard friendly Black Road up onto Skyline Blvd. There I went to Alice's Restaurant and had one of the best burgers I have ever had. It was quite tasty. Talked with a few friendly restaurant workers (maybe the owner, not quite sure.) They were really nice, highly recommend a stop here. I was quite disappointed there was not another moto rider in the parking lot the entire time I was there.

After Alice's, I follow Skyline right onto 101 and made a stop at the Golden Gate before going to San Rafael for the night. I got a little rain on this last bit and found out there was a big storm brewing off the coast. I weighed my options after looking at the report, the storm ended up getting really bad and I decided to not do 1 (very sad I didn't, but I stayed a day ahead of the bad weather everywhere else thanks to this decision) and sit in beach traffic in the storm and take 101 to the Redwoods the next day.

Coming into Yosemite:

Glacier Point Road:

Going into Yosemite Valley:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote