View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Just broke it in at my local track today... Beat on it as much as I could considering the muddy/rutty conditions.

This this is stupid. I mean it's just dumb. I ran it through the gears after some heat cycles, and even sitting on the tank it pulled up in 4th. Stock tune coupler too.

Once ON the track, it had 0 hesitation in clearing anything I gave it gas for. Even the "big" quadzilla felt like a little double today. The power is just everywhere and honestly, it could stand to be toned down a bit. Either that or I just have a really strong throttle hand from wringing the 250Fs neck for over a year and a half.

The negatives of the bike are the brakes. I don't know that they suck that bad, as they just aren't as good as everything else. The bike is 25lbs heavier than my YZ that has a weak lever pull, both bikes take as much time to really stop. The downside is that this bike hauls so much ass, it takes a similar braking zone going into turns which kinda hinders having all that power on tap. The other thing is weight, but that only was a factor when trying to load the bike or lift it onto a stationary center stand. I use a pop-up stand 99% of the time.

The only thing it really needs currently is suspension setup. I didn't wanna screw with that today, as much as getting the motor broken in. Thankfully I know this track very well and the stock settings were "ok" in the average conditions. Where it got rutted up and choppy, the bike bounced around worse than a basketball. But that'll be an easy fix with some better valving and springs for my weight.

Last edited by TYEster; 12-10-2011 at 07:37 PM..
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote