Thread: Project "RM"
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
05svr650
Supporting Vendor

Moto: wide open throttle
Default Project "RM"

A few weeks back I aquired one infamous "RM 250" from another board. Little did I know the history behind the bike and how many times it had to be pushed or towed out of the woods to the truck.

Upon me aquiring the bike it ran good until it got hot, then it had a mind of it's own and wanted to go wide open. Kinda like the float was sticking...Bryan and I adjusted on the power valve spring and thought we had the problem fixed.

One day I was riding it thru the yard and noticed oil on my leg. Upon further inspection I noticed a crack in the exhaust. So I started taking pieces of to check it out. I had the exhaust welded up and I plastic welded the airbox holes while I was in the mood of fixing.

I got it put back together last week. My dad came over and we were playing with the bike. It took a while to get it started because it was flooding itself out. But once it got started it ran for about 10 minutes then the demonic soul came back out and the bike ran wide open on it's own. At this point I turned off the gas and let the bike die. Then when I went to kick start it back, we could hear something rattling in the case. I don't know if something broke or just came loose.

This is where I am now.

Starting next week I am going to start tearing down the bike and so will begin "Project RM" because I am not going to let this bike beat me! Next step will be to purchase a service manual and continuing my internet reading on rebuilding 2 strokes.

I will keep this thread up to date until I have conquered "THE RM".

Any advise is greatly appreciated. I have nothing to loose except a demonic bike and I have knowledge to gain.

Adieu

www.JandBcycle.com
05svr650 is offline   Reply With Quote