View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
It might help if they didn't blame money-making scapegoats, too. People made a good few dollars off the premise of "offsetting your carbon footprint".
Yes, some people made some serious cash on that feel good, do nothing crap. If there's a problem then you fix it. You don't give people a placebo that makes them feel good about waste.

Makes me wish that I had a piece of land and some spruce saplings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Im in Florida. I've got my bottled water, bread and I'm holed up in the house. I won't leave till it's safe.

Wait. I live in Central Florida, it's 80 degrees and these jerks can't even drive in rain. You should see the pandemonium that is North Florida right now. I hear they've shut eeeeeverything down. Smh.

On a serious note, I read somewhere not long ago (can't remember where) that the earth actually does have these "cycles" where it gets a lil colder for awhile, then a lil warmer, and it does it periodically and the world hasn't ended yet. And if Global Warming is such an issue, why is the ice thicker in Antarctica now than it was BEFORE global warming...?
There used to be a very good website called "Changing the Climate", that was run by a group of climatologists, that debunked a ton of those talking points. Unfortunately it appears to be gone now. They talked about things like how a higher global mean temperature doesn't mean less precipitation, how people will point at one pole and ignore the other, the temperature "hockey stick", and a lot of other stuff.

And when it comes to bad driving, we've got that sewn up. This was this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEGnr9JEhc

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote