View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Cruiser or SB?

Big fan of the newer Ninja 250 for smaller statured riders, my best friend is 5', and even lowered it was still just a tad tall, but definitely easier for her to handle than the older model 250. The rebels are decent as well if you prefer cruiser style. Both bikes are lighter and easier to learn to manuever, and pick up when you fall over (it happens to all of us. Both are easily sellable at lil or no loss when you are ready to move up. Buy used, but have someone knowledgeable check it out first so you dont get a lemon.

As far knowledge, run by the DMV, take the permit test, once you have permit and bike, have OSP walk you through the basics. Best thing I ever did was ride around in my neighborhood, practicing starts and stops, picking up speed, shifting, small turns, etc. Once you are comfortable there, then branch out and maybe hit a lil bit faster roads. Definitely hit the MSF, even if you are already familiar with the basics they will teach, you can always learn something helpful.

One major thing to remember, always look where you want to go. If you want to go left to miss the huge pine tree or fence in front of you but you are only looking at the tree or fence, guess where you're going.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote