View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #23
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I read a pretty interesting study a while back that found every driver has a speed they are comfortable driving, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the speed limit. It may vary depending on the car the person is driving, but given a long enough stretch on the highway every driver had a speed they would naturally gravitate toward.

They also found that in areas where the speed limit was raised... gasp... the number of cited speeders decreased. And in areas that have gone bat-shit crazy and removed speed limits all together?... well, everybody didn't start driving 125mph on the way to work, fatal accidents didn't suddenly spike out of control, and society as a whole actually didn't collapse.

Personal responsibility. It's a beautiful thing. And it's a damn shame the big bad babysitter doesn't allow it to run its course more often.
I feel more comfortable in my coupe doing 80 on the highway than I do in my pickup truck...infact i rarely drive my pickuptruck over 75 on the highway, i'm usually doing like 65 to 70...Where as in the coupe im doing 75 to 80...