Thread: nasty hit
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #18
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
No, I'm saying this as a player who has been put in that position. Yes its retarded that there is a right angle right off the playing field. But there is a wall in baseball, and a post in football. Yes he should have been called for the interference, and I TOTALLY get that shit happens. But yet again, it was uncalled for in that area, and at that angle.
Apples to oranges. Baseball is non-contact and football has padding on their posts and there are only two of them.

At that angle? This makes no sense. It's a body check, if you're thinking about angles you need to get your head in the game. The only thing you should be thinking is not hitting him from behind.

I get the interference call. I get the game misconduct because he broke a rule and injured somebody. But, that's it. There's nothing more to it.

Worse accidents have happened needlessly. Clint Malarchuk ring a bell? He was bleeding like a stuck pig because somebody didn't control where their skate was. Can you even name who cut his throat by mistake? Most people couldn't if their life depended on it, because it was an accident. Yet, if it happened today I bet people would be calling for the offending player to be banned for life because he was too close to the goalies crease.

People need to realize, this is hockey. Man up and play the game.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote