View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Good stuff as usual OTB! And I agree.

From my experience, learning means take your ego and toss it. Forget about comparing yourself to "the naturals" or any other rider for that matter and get into your own learning curve.

It sounds existential and probably like something you would hear from Keith Code but you have to get into your own space and love what your doing. What your observing about your riding and your experience. Sure take the tips from the faster guys and apply the time tested techniques but forget about how they are doing in relation to yourself and discover your riding style.

I once heard a magician explain that the secret to discovering magic was to quit trying to figure out "how he did it?" and start by thinking "How could I do it?!"
That totally works for me weather on the street or the track. When I am trying to keep up with faster guys on the street I get frustrated and make more mistakes. On the track when i just kind alet it go and ride I seem to do better, even though I do need to work on stuff. But i know I am also my own worst enemy out there sometimes.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote