View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
Not quite sure if this is the forum for this kind of question, but with all the tinkers on here, I'll give it a shot. I've got a project bike in mind. Not a "find a bike and fix it project" but a full ground up "I assembled this myself from spare parts" thing. Something that is not going to be a track bike. I've been amassing parts for quite a while now and I'm to the point where I need to buy a frame in order to progress any further (or really justify the spare bedroom full of parts). Found a frame that looks great. It's at a tow yard and therefore with lien paperwork and a bill of sale. Should I bite?
When you say lien paperwork, is it a release of the lien?

If a lien is still attached to the title, I woulnd't mess with it. If it is a release of the lien, then I would probably be inclined to go to the DMV (Japan equivalent?) and make sure the ONLY lien on it is the one you have a release for. Should be pretty straightforward I would expect.

What kinda bike is it anyway? I looooooooove doing things from the ground up! Or maybe it's more a love-hate thing, I'm not sure.