View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #29
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Update.... Tonight we cooked out. After, dad and I started tinkering. We got the new oil seal in, tming mechanism on, points plate back on. Then new oil filter, filled it with oil. Reinstalled the carbs, put the tank on, hooked up the fuel line and vacuum line.

Turned on the switch, hit the button, and.....NOTHING. About that time, dad and mom had to go, my daughter wanted to play wii, so we stopped.

After some wii golf, bowling and boxing. Then some fairy tales and Spongebob book. I headed back out.

Ok, maybe we didn't line up the timing mechanism correctly? Nope, nothing. Maybe it has a clutch swich? I took the clutch cover off. Everything looked fine.

Just when I was about to go in for the night, I looked down. A lead from the starter relay was not connected. It matched the color of the wire beside it with the female connector. So WTF? it can't hurt. I plugged it in and......

SHE IS RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this means that the fun will now begin. Tomorrow, my wife, daughter and I leave for Gatlinburg for a few days. After that, Ms. KZ has an appointment with the sawzall.

Stay tuned........