Thread: Bmw k1300s
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
Perhaps coming from the turbo Busa, the K13S needs a little different throttle management given its gearing. A quick glance at the MCN specs page notes the K13S has essentially the same 0-60mph speed (2.79sec) as the '99 (2.76) and '08 (2.78) Busa.

What has always impressed me with the K12S/K13S is how the bike delivers the nums with a shaft drive, and all those other BMW amenities.
Honestly the low end is so profoundly neutered that until you reach 5k the bike might as well be 750. Yes if you can boil it you can get a good 0-60 time. That is not my issue I was out today on my B King and while certainly not as refined and the k1300s. The torque is there at all rpms. For me to go to the K1300S someone would have to show me a solid way around the the restriction in the Lower Gears. It is really a shame because this could be a great bike if someone would drag the the programmers into the back room and slap the Big Brother out of them. When it gets past the artificial restrictions this bike really does perform, but at average riding speeds this is a gutless machine . I am not kidding when I say My stock Goldwing is more fun stop light to stop light