View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 AM   #30
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
I think GM and it's LTx and LSx motors would disagree....

Especially if your talking about just a SOHC, DOHC breaths a hell of a lot better of course.

And like Ebbs said below me, what are you basing better off of. More peak Hp, higher reving, more tq, theres a lot of dif factors which come into play.
im pretty sure he was referring to motorcycle engines only(its a bike forum). and in that aspect, hes right. the jap cruisers are sneakily watercooled, and im 100% positive they only have pushrods for looks-theyre cutting into the harley market, and its gotta have a certain look to steal their buyers

same displacement wise-what aircooled pushrod twin makes the same hp, revs as high, same torque, same efficiency as a watercooled i4?

that being said tho, u dont buy harleys to haul ass.

when the vrod came out it was harleys most powerful engine ever, while still being the smallest engine(atleast when it came out, think its alil bigger now but so are the other engines) theyve used since like the 60's, its watercooled and has no push rods....

they see the light lol, its just they only turn it on when they want to. cant back up the vrod name with that crap ass twin cam. u get gd shit otherwise, brakes, susp, efi, fit and finish, but their core consumers dont really ask for more power anyway.

thats how i see it anyway