View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #45
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
All bullshit aside, here's where I stand:

I've been thoroughly unimpressed with every Pirelli I've ever run. They warm up slow, perform like bricks, and wear like race tires. They also have no "feel"; I can't tell when they're gonna let go, they just do. I have similar complaints with Bridgestone and Dunlop, but not to the same extreme (at least in Dunlop's case).

The oil thing is mostly BS, but I prefer Rotella. I've tried Repsol, but wasn't impressed at all. Honestly, these days I'm really thinking car oil is the ticket.
I liked the performance that I got with the Corsa III's that came on my Buell, the wear (or lack thereof) was pitiful though.

Switched to Pilot powers, got ok wear (6k average) out of them, but had to replace both at the same time because the front always cupped really bad, even with about half tread left.

Now, I'm on to Pirelli Angle's. So far so good, about 1200 miles on them. Decent feel, almost as much cold grip as the powers, same once they get warmed up. Just a matter of how long, and how well, they wear.

For oil, I'm on to AMSOIL now, from the manufacturer brand. Shifts smoother than before, no other real noticeable changes, but I'm ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote