View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2iSTUDIOS View Post
Things are going well, I think i've gone around 75 miles remembering all of the things from the MSF class. I want to practice that slow stupid box u turns maneuver so i'll try and find time this week to do that.

I picked up a few things and shoved them in the underseat storage area, a can of fix-a-flat inflation can, some FI concentrate additive, a couple bungee cords, and a towel.
Don't worry about the slow stupid u turn. That is nothing but parking lot cool skills. It won't help you avoid an accident or save your life in an emergency situation.

The three things we teach in class that are usefull street survival skills are correct braking, correct cornering, and swerving. If you want to practice anything, I strongly encourage you to work on those three things.

If you want to practice the u turn, that's fine. But it's nothing more then "cool parking lot skills". Practice the things you will use often and that can save your life.

Good luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Chris

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote