View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Day 2:

This was a 600 mile ride from Shawnee, OK to Colorado Springs, CO. The trip started getting good here. I met up with G-rex just outside Oklahoma City. It was good to get someone to ride with. We hit some fog just outside of Oklahoma City. It was pretty weird looking. Looked like a sandstorm when we were riding at it. Also saw some Tornado damage to some trees along the interstate. Pics below.

We continued on I-40 to Amarillo. Texas scenery through here was surprising. It was a good taste of what would be the west side of the Mississippi. They had little creek canyons and desert scenery all over the place. It was flat, but it was different than anything I had seen before. It was a pleasant ride. We saw a leaning water tower and big cross too. Texas entrances and exits on the interstate were weird to say the least. You kind just ride into a border road and hope traffic yields/stops for you. First time experiencing that.

Once in Amarillo, we went to this place called the Cadillac Ranch. Some dude buried these Caddies in the ground. It was really neat and you could spray paint on them.

We saw my Harley dealership in Amarillo too, see pic below.

We went eat lunch at the tourist attraction Big Texan 72oz steak place. We didn't attempt it and no one else did while we were there. The steak here was amazing. It was worth the stop.

We took a little road out of Amarillo. We were suppose to fill up in Amarillo, but we didn't run across a station. Trace tried to run me out of gas and we pulled into a gas station in Dumas, TX with me running on fumes. Trace's beemer has a bigger tank than mine, plus my loaded down GS was getting horrible gas mileage with that much weight and running 80-85.

From there we headed into New Mexico and the scenery started getting great. They had little buttes everywhere and the desert scenery was starting to get awesome. Here we picked up a cross wind of 50-60mph gusts that did not leave me for the entire trip. Temps for this day were 60-100. The 100 degree temps in New Mexico felt more like 80 with the cross wind. It was good riding weather besides riding sideways from the wind. It was very manageable though.

From New Mexico, we caught site of Colorado's mountains. We were finally getting to the good stuff. The ride from Pueblo into Colorado Springs was interesting. We were riding on the border of the plains and mountains. You could look to your right and see snow capped peaks and look to the left and see flat plains forever and ever.

It was a great day of riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote