View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Day 5 and 6:

Day 5 was a 290 miles easy ride from Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim, AZ to Las Vegas, NV. While Day 6 was a regrettable off day in Las Vegas, NV. The ride from the Grand Canyon to Las Vegas was an awesome ride until I-15. I-15 did have a few nice pieces of scenery though.

The first half took me through Zion National Park. I considered going up to Bryce Canyon National Park, since I only had a short ride that day, but I wanted to get into Vegas to spend some time with my wife who was out there with her family.

Zion was awesome, but did not live up to what I had seen previously. I liked Mesa Verde and Grand Canyon better. Zion was still a great stop on the trip. It had some fun twisties and a mile long tunnel through the mountains that was interesting.

The ride into Vegas on I-15 was boring except for a little canyon pass.

My day off in Vegas was only good because my wife was there. I stayed in the Luxor and got a suite with a hot tub. That was good too. It was on $84 a night and was probably one of my cheapest stays of the trip. I despise Vegas. The pure desperation that infests the city and the constant sales pitches that are coming at you from all sides the entire time you are on the strip and in the hotels gets annoying fast. Plus, I am not a gambler, so playing the slots/cards/dice is not for me. I doubt I will come back to this city. Being with my wife and spending time with her was great though. Made the day off worth it.

Grand Canyon in the Morning:

Deer at the Canyon:

Little DS Fun at the Canyon:

Forest got burnt up at the Canyon:

On the way to Zion:

Zion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote