View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #107
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
The issue is that the phrase "rotate around the tank" can mean different things to different people. Some people will envision this as getting all crossed up... some people will see it as pointing their shoulders down towads the ground.... some people will see it as leaning way in w/ their upper body but leave their lower body closer to the center of the bike... and some, including myself, see it as "rolling" off the bike & keeping your chest/hips pointed towards the bike instead of moving laterally OVER the bike.

"Rotate around the tank" is very vague and this is why I don't use this wording when teaching this subject.

by the way, the giant pic of Rossi at the bottom of page 2... see where he's looking? It looks as though he's beginning to transition to a left hand turn, that's why his hips are at an angle to the center of the bike. You move your upper body a split second before your lower body so it's easier to get yourself up & over w/o using your arms.
Very good point about the phrase, rotating is the only way I could think of how to describe it, it's so much easier to demostrate. When I show people what I am talking about I usually put the bike up on a stand and demo what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote