View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
yeah I've been on North with the TLR....the straight along the pits was wicked!!!

But you're right, the OTHER 90% is awesome.

I've been on the south in a prep'd GTI, and done BOTH in a RX7 endurance a few years ago.

I need to check out patriot....is that somewhere else on the campus?
Patriot course is nestled right in the middle of North and South, using bits of each course:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Well except that section after the carousel...goes into a deep dip, then a SUPER hard right. I'd be passed by everything till that hard 90, then it's those technical short switch-backs which I could molest everyone on but then I'd get waxed again after turn 4(I think it is)
True, I forget about that one (I ran VIR full before going there so any straight <4000' felt like a quick sprint ). You'd definitely be dicing it up with the same people all day... you'd see them before the high speed right, then roll by in the switchbacks.

Check this strack out too. I wish there were a 3D map of it so you could see the 13% grading on some of it... still my favorite track of all time:

ETA: The pair of underwear in the middle is pit road, pit in, and pit out. The rest is up to the org how they want to configure the track. LOTS of options, and the long straight on the left I only get to wind out 3rd gear on my bike, so it's not that long. (read: those areas that look tight are INSANE)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shenandoah.JPG (38.4 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by fasternyou929; 09-15-2009 at 04:55 PM..
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote