View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I'd like to see what this thing can do in real life. That 60-degree watercooled V-twin is a heavy unit (200-lbs +) and now add a supercharger on top of that? I'd like to see what the actual bike would weigh in at. Not to mention that they'd have to do some serious modding to the engine because that Revolution engine is a very slow revver. Powerful, yes, but revs slow as hell. When we do roll-ons on the freeway, my KTM is up and gone and my homey's Street Rod could never catch up even though it puts out 20 more horses. You rev the throttle on that Revolution engine and you'll wait for a couple of seconds before anything kicks in. So, I'd like to see what Roeher did to solve that problem.

Well the obvious solution would be to lighten the crank/pistons. Not to mention the super charger which should get things spinning alot faster. They claim a 425 dry weight and they say "modeled" after the hd lump so they might have a cnc/lightened version of the engine. They had to save weight somewhere considering my bike weighs about that.

As far as the price goes,it's not THAT much more than the MV,Bimota or Ducati specials we've all seen and it's still cheaper than most of the choppers riding around. I read an article about this guy almost 2 years ago,he just about hand made everything on the prototype himself.

Why Polaris won't make a sportbike has always been beyond me. Harley tried it and failed. We probably wouldn't buy it even if one of the American Companies did produce a sportbike.... I'm still hoping Buell will do something now that they've broken with HD engines! They're definitely heading in the right direction.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote