View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #13
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

The price doesn't bother me if the quality and the performance are there. It's not any more expensive than a special edition Duck or MV. BUT I really like to see how he overcame the weight issue. Unless that V-Rod engine is totally remade with aluminum, magnesium, and titanium, he's not gonna be able to shed that much weight. The BMW HP2 Sport has a 1200-cc aircooled boxer twin engine (no water pump, no radiator, no water jacket) with the most exotic parts BMW ever made for that engine, coupled with a lightweight trellis frame and a carbon fiber subframe, lightweight PVM wheels, etc., yet it still cracks in at low 400-lbs. Or the KTM RC8 with the 1200-cc (okay, 1150) watercooled V-twin weighing in at around low 400-lbs too.

So, in order to overcome that heavy ass Revolution engine's weight, Roeher must have done some wicked shits. I'm sorry but I'm skeptical until I see some real data and engine/frame designs.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote