Thread: RIP Simoncelli
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I cant believe this has struck me as hard as it has. Ive been sitting at work all day thinking about it. Because Shoya didnt quite touch me last year. My post on facebook,

Its funny how the death of someone you dont even know can really touch you. It has happened twice recently, most recently with the death of a forum member. The Moto GP community was dealt another blow with the death of Marco Simoncelli today in Singapore. While he was only my 3rd favorite rider, there was always something about him that captivated me, and forced me to root for him. Whether it was his lanky "gorilla on a trycicle"-esqe hunch, his brass and at times bold racing style, or his unwillingness to back down from criticism of said racing style. There was something special about him, he had a certain style on a bike that seperated him from other cookie cutter European riders. And he had that racing fire in him which kept him on the edge at all times. It was either succeed or leave it in pieces. It was that edge and a "right place, wrong time" moment that ended his life. I will dearly miss his afro, goofy italian accent, and talent in the GP paddock. He was a star to be reconed with in the coming years. Rip Marco, Rip Simo, Rip Super Sic....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote