View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Took a small trip, found some small fun

I started out the day with the idea that I wanted to take a small ride over to West Virginia to take a photo next to a welcome to WV sign, it turned out to be a much more involved process than I expected.

I started out heading over to the local BMW dealership Bobs for a cup of free coffee. And maybe a test ride. They let me take the K1600GTL out for a small ride, not long 15 miles, but damn was it a pretty neato 15 miles. I gotta say, this bike has everything, GPS, Ipod dock, cruise, radio, XM, heated everything, comfortable, great seating position, powerful, all around a little too comfortable. They even had these little flip out thingies that funnel fresh air in toward the riders stomach and chest. The thing I didn't care for was the fly-by-wire throttle. It just seemed to be slightly off, almost like I would suggest to the bike that it needs more gas, and the bike would put its $.02 in and make a call as to what it should do. It wasn't lag, or that the bike didn't do what I said, just that one minute I would give it 1/2 throttle and it would zoom ahead, then a minute later at 3/4 throttle it would zoom less than at 1/2 throttle. I guess I'm just used to old fashioned throttles. Anyway I think it just takes some getting used to, I give it 2 thumbs up, putting aside the throttle differences, the only problem with this bike is that maybe its too comfortable, I bet I could fall asleep at the wheel.

Bobs also has a small museum that they keep some cool bikes in:

Anyway, took off from Bobs BMW after sucking down a fresh cup of coffee, and shot down the road to the Kawasaki dealership to see if i won a big prize from their ticket to ride contest. I didn't win shit, 15% off a kawasaki accessory. Left there, headed west to look for West Virginia.

To be continued...... (dont reply until I finish, I have a few more pictures to throw in)