View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #39
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Sorry, but I side with Shannon on this one - she was stung by a bee shortly after your paypal making her BLIND for a week. Why didn't you call her?
I didn't know her number, just her email address. Admittedly a phone call would have nipped this situation in the bud.

Quote:
She couldn't read email, watch tv, read a book, work on her stuff.... then gets ready to ship and BAM dispute.
She admitted she had not even started the work before the first dispute (17 days after I shipped!) and not did she inform me of her medical issue until after I had filed the dispute. I had emailed her asking for the status and she did not reply within 3 days. I sympathize but she did not go out of her way to inform me of any delay nor did she respond to my status query in a timely manner. This is fundamental to running an Internet business IMO.

Quote:
A dispute takes up to five days to clear, which was JUST enough time for you to dispute again. Would you ship to someone that continues to yank the money away from you?
A dispute remains open for 10 days or until someone closes it. I closed the first one once she explained what happened and told me she would not ship until the dispute was closed. Technically it is impossible to open a second dispute on a transaction except that I called PayPal and they said she was dead wrong to extort me to close the dispute before she would ship. She should have shipped with delivery confirmation and PayPal would have found in her favor if I kept the dispute open.

The real kicker here is simply that she is unwilling to use COD. There's no reason that I can think of why an honest merchant wouldn't be willing to use COD. COD means I have to pay for the jacket to take possession of it. There's 0% risk to her and my risk is lessened 100% - I don't have to trust her and she doesn't have to trust me. That's a perfectly workable solution which she will not accept.

Last edited by pdog; 09-10-2009 at 02:15 PM..
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote