View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S
Default Well, guys and gals, never thought I'd say this...

I'm going to be hanging up my helmet for a while. Not permanently (hopefully) but for at least the foreseeable future. Two little ones at home and another due in August have sorta put things in perspective a bit for me.

Don't get me wrong, I still love riding and I'll still ride occasionally if I can but I've had way too many encounters with idiots who are paying less and less attention on the roads around here.

It seems that the smarter cars get, the dumber drivers seem to get... despite riding defensively, I've had way too many close calls over the past year and I want to be there for my wife and kids while they grow up. My wife already wants me to get a bigger bike for touring that she can ride with me once the kids are out of school so that's the goal on the horizon.

No tracks around here to speak of so that isn't an option. Maybe I'll go 100% off-road for a bit just for something different.

Either way, I'll be around

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote