View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #103
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I cannot comment as to how good it was to last year but it was decent. Would hv been lots better had it not been 100* outside.

Ride home via I76 was hella awesome. I am never gg thru state college again. The highway twists, scenery, and oh the tunnels make the added toll ($15.50) so worth it.

Plus our ride home was picture perfect weather. All the cages were speeding at like 80mph so we we're averaging 85-90mph. Made great time even with nice long chillaxin stops for gas/potty/eat or snack.

As always marko and his wife were great hosts. I know tt caveman, his wife, uma and myself had a great time. Dispite the weather.
Yes, I must say it was an overall great trip. The ride out there stopping at State College wasn't tt great. But, once there meeting Mrs. Marko and the pooch was a great time. Once Tommy got there it was a party.

The rally was bigger than I have ever been to and there were a lot of cool vendors that I am glad that either Gas or I got some literature from. I was able to even grab a new lid as mine was lookin seriously F'ed up. Now I have a lid that belongs with the new wheels.

The ride home was actually one of the best long distance stretches I have done. Weather was great no serious winds and prolly no more than 80-85* degrees till the sun went down and no less than 70-75* after sundown. The cool curves of the highway through the mountains of PA were awesome only to be topped by the teeth rattling sound of two HD's blasting their way through three substantially long tunnels. By the time we were in the busy parts of the route home it was late enough that there was virtually no traffic.

Hope to hang with Marko and wife and Tommy again soon perhaps some riding in Michigan or perhaps a two wheel venture out to the Big Apple.

Thanks for a great time.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote