View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You'd think an MX track would be pretty cheap to operate... Land, a Bobcat, a couple of Porta-Johns...
NOPE.

At least not in TX... Mainly because of the drought and water requirements used to run the track. Tractors and a water truck(and water hoses) can be easy to come by, and if you buy land in the right area, you can use dirt from that land. We have 6 tracks within 2hrs of me and 2 of which are closed because they have no water to operate. You dont NEED water, but alot of people like getting traction so it's a 90/10 for those who want it vs not.

The hardest part will be keeping everyone happy for return business and keeping neighbors from complaining about the noise. I, for one, could give a rats ass about any race tracks noise(I live as the crow flies 3 miles from a flat/circle dirt track and every wed/fri night I hear cars go round n round out there.) But people complain ENDLESSLY about the noise of the 4 strokes. It sucks but I wish people would have some more common sense about learning about the areas they move to before doing so.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote