Thread: It lives again
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR
Default It lives again

So I've been stationed in Japan for about a year and still haven't managed to get my RC registered. Granted I was gone all summer and working my ass of over the winter but that's beside the point. The bike's been sitting on front and rear stands for about a year, most of that time it didn't even have front forks or brakes installed. Well I've been reassembling her over the past few days seeing as how I don't have to go to work. Well today I put the battery back on the charger and while the charger was doing it's thing I pulled the spark plugs out (they look great btw) and squirted some oil into the cylinders. Turned the ignition on and all the lights came on, left the kill switch in kill and hit the starter to get the bike to roll the crank and get some oil moving. Put the spark plugs back in, lowered the fuel tank, dumped in 5 liters of 100 octane. Disconnected the charger, flicked the kill switch to run and hit the starter. Within 4 seconds she was idling on her own, blowing oil smoke like you wouldn't believe (remember I squirted oil into the cylinders). After a few minutes she quit blowing smoke and was running just as pleased as ever. I'm amazed that she started so easily after so long. I'm just one step closer to getting her registered. Now I'm waiting for light bulbs and my vacuum bleeder (still) and I need to call Honda to try and get some paperwork for her and then I'll be set.

BTW, does anyone here work for Honda and could possibly help me out getting some paperwork?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote