Thread: Passing rules
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by baninja View Post
Just because there is no "race group" doesn't mean there aren't fast riders in group 2. In fact, a good number of the people that run in group 2 are licensed racers. IIRC passing is allowed in the straights for the morning sessions in group 2. Passing while entering a turn or on the exit of a turn is usually allowed in the afternoon sessions for group 2 only. Moira can correct me if I'm wrong. Stuffing another rider (mid turn passing) is not needed during a trackday. If the rider is truly fast he/she will find a safe place to pass if they need too. My 12 year old son has never had an issue on his RS85 or his RS125, and he passes 85% of the riders in group 2. A racer on a SV650 or 1000 shouldn't have a problem either.
I concur. I was just pointing out the need to be in a race group or an actual race if you REALLY need/want to pass in the corners. I am a former CMRA racer and I run 2nd group when I am on my street equipped bike. When I am fully race prepped and have proper rubber I run race group.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote