View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #75
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maygin View Post
If it weren't for the heat factor I likely wouldnt even consider anything but leather. But it's a fact of Florida living, so I gotta look at all the options.

OSP- was it you that said, "Sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't"?
I've discussed this with many-a-human in the past. I've lived all over the country in Hot HOT and more humid than Florida can deliver... I'll still only wear leather. Florida heat vs Texas heat isn't much different... other than we hang over 100 longer.

I've seen mesh that got destroyed, and it really doesn't have to do with the speed as much as the surface you hit. Mesh will *grab* the surface imperfections long before leather will, perforated or not. Just because it's available... doesn't make it a good idea.

Ballistic nylon is also another choice - but it's about the same expense as leather.

I bought my first set of leathers in 1992. Those leathers had itty bitty teeny tiney vents on the back of the leathers with about a dozen perfs in the elbows. THAT was hot. Now, there are so many vent options... maybe I just look at what WAS, and what I have now is SO much cooler.

You have a TON of options out in front of you... try them on, again and again. Time is on your side.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote