View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #80
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I agree,try things for yourself. Some of these guys are so super opinionated,that if you listen to them you'll... 1. only use 1 brand of tires, 2. only buy one size and type of bike, 3. only use one or two brands of helmets, 4. only use one or two brands of gear,etc. In my experience here,and on the old site,they give opinions against gear they've never tried just based on perception. "Icon is squid gear","GSXRs are for squids",etc. I personally own a number of Icon jackets and gloves,I've crashed wearing Icon and it has held up quite well. In fact,my Icon Neo-Daytona held up better than my Dainese did in a similar type crash! My D jacket fell apart at the seams wear they joined different pieces of leather together and that was a $500 jacket. I'd rather see you buy a nylon mesh jacket and wear it all the time vs a heavy leather jacket that you'll be tempted to leave at home on hot days, 'cause you, "aren't going that far", or "you won't be riding that fast". I always wear something wether it's my leather,my textile/leather or my nylon jacket. I suggest you do the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm glad this is the succinct version!!!
For once we agree...

FN- very well written

MMaygin- Check out the Alpinestars (A*) Stella Corset jacket. It has a pretty generous cut for chest and hips, and the corset lacing lacing combined with the draw straps and hip zippers make it easy to fine tune.