View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #15
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

I live and work in Michigan and my company does support (with machines and service) the auto industry. My personal take on this is I would have rather gave a loan to the auto industry than to give a hand out to the banking industry.

But I'd rather not do either. Its too late with the banks and that pisses me off the people that are in Washignton to represent us did the opposite of what we asked for.

Again I think giving the autos a loan would be better than what was given to the banks.

In all truth if the US government was smart(they are not) they should give a tax break to people that invest in the auto industry. In other words give a 5 year no capital gains tax on all auto stocks. Then let the markets decide if people think in 5 years the auto company will be worth more than today they will lend there money to that company if not they will not.

Or go a step farther, the government could insure investments in the auto industry like they do a bank account. I'm sure many investers would love to buy stocks that have a insured value.

If either of the 2 things were done I would invest in Ford in a heart beat Maybe GM but not Chrysler.

Last edited by HRCNICK11; 12-12-2008 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Added last line.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote