View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #17
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No, I saw that.

But, I'm curious... was it that the banks announced they were in trouble, and got bailed out. So, are the others truly in trouble and were looking at solutions for the past year - and saw them bailed so have their hand out? Or, were they just going to let it fail on it's own? Or, did they know they were in trouble?

Is it that one industry got bailed out - so the others are circling the wagons to all get money??
It's my belief that Detroit would have continued to muddle along producing a huge number of cars, slowly rebuilding it's quality reputation, while trying to deal with the UAW, and their legacy health care costs. If it looked like gas prices would drive a shift to smaller cars, they'd bring out smaller more advanced drive cars, If not they'd crank the truck and SUV lines back up.

It's my opinion a lose of even one of them will bring a huge impact to the economy, and then the tax payers will be providing a handout to all of the people who are dependent on them, Retires, some stockholders, and all of the unemployed generated.

They're not still making buggies, and god forbid we need the plants to build tanks and planes like they did in WW2.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote