Thread: Any BMW owners?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 05:32 AM   #26
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I guess my argument is.. For a few thousand more I could have a nice, fully loaded, german sedan. The 4 banger ranger is a gas pig as well, sure it has a bed, but that's about as much as an advantage as it has. Highway for the ranger is only 24mpg (brand new), compared to the 21 of the BMW. I also looked at full sized F150's. But again, it has a bed, other then that it's just a big ass truck. I can find a hitch online for about $200 for the 5 series, and I can install it myself.
All I'm saying is this, you can easily pick up a small truck for cheap that gets better highway gas mileage than the BMW. And the only thing you'd use the truck for is hauling your bike to and from trackdays, not commuting to/from work. I'm not saying to not get the BMW, but it was not designed/intended to be used in that manner. Use the proper tool for the job.

And FWIW, my V-6 Ranger got better than 26 mpg in town until the day I sold it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

Last edited by MikeSP1; 11-23-2008 at 05:51 AM..
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote