View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I cannot really see from the picture, but are there 4 threaded holes in that sprocket? If so, then you use a puller in which all four bolts are threaded into the sprocket and are bolted to a plate some distance away from the sprocket. Then a center threaded bolt, which is threaded into the plate goes into the hole to push on the crankshaft. When this happens, the sprocket is drawn away from the crank. If there are indeed holes, you would have to make a special tool specifically designed to remove this thing.
Look at the new one- there are no holes.

But I like your idea. Take a 1/4" steel plate, four grade 8 bolts and the original center bolt (or a longer one the same pitch), and a handful of nuts and washers. Drill five holes in one 6" square piece of plate for the outer section of the puller, and make two strips with end holes to go behind the cog. If you can't get behind the cog, get a REAL 3/8" cutting wheel and cut slots in the sucker. Dremels are fine for little stuff, but real work needs full size tools.