View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Right engine cover

Make sure this little guy is in.

Here's the right side that has the alternator. Forgot pics of installing the stuff so I'll take the magnet wheel off tomorrow and snap some shots.

Pretty much done.

The cam and cam gear was out of alignment. Got that re-done and adjusted the valves and everything was okey dokey.

Took the magnet wheel off to snap some pics.

It's just an aluminum disc w/ big o-ring around it. Two screws hold that down, then everything bolts to that.

The contact

The ignition pulse

GOT IT RUNNING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqeq1LkVm-c

I'll use "running" loosely now. Still having fuel/air management problems. I have three carbs that are identical to the stock one with everything being the same. From jets to the throttle valve size.

Got it to run ok with an identical carb but it would just keep dieing. I tried the chinese knock off but once it fires up, the engine just revs up. I have to control the throttle with the carb's choke. When I do give it throttle it bogs.

Still having problems with fuel just dumping out of the bowls vent tube. Some times it happens and some times it doesnt. So it must be building up pressure still. I'm going to tap a hole in the top valve cover. (I'll get pics) New petcock stinks just as bad as the original one.

I have the contact point adjusted properly and I know I'm getting spark cause it shocked the poop out of me. New spark plug of course.

Got a new throttle cable coming my way. Still working on getting a new kick starter and gas cap.

(This is when I started back up. 1-26-2011)

Thread from the dead! I gave up working with the CL70 and its been sitting ever since. Going to give the engine one more chance before I just order a chinese engine.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote