Thread: Helmet Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 09:40 PM   #53
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I love you PR! So you're saying that you can stop your bike, get into your tankbag or trunk(my trunk won't hold a visor btw),take off your gloves and helmet,swap the shield,put the first one away,button up your bike/bag,put your helmet back on,put your gloves back on and restart your bike in less than 4 seconds? You know what? I have money that says you can't unbuckle and take your helmet off,swap shields and put your helmet back on and rebuckle it in under four seconds!!! Tell you what,it looks like I'll have it in a few days,I'll let you know how well the photo works anyway.
4 seconds? Please- it took a fill minute at least to go to 60% or 80% tint whatever they're claiming. And who knows how long the camera was off before they went back to clear... If you're riding in and out of shadow it doesn't do any good. If you ride into the sun you're still blind tilll it finishes. I can get in my zippered tailbag and pull out a visor and swap it in about 2 minutes. A minute isn't worth that much money and plugging in my helmet every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
I won't trade the fit and safety fo my Arai for gadgetry....
This is my point. My Shoei RF-1000 is perfect. And it cost $200 less. And I know Shoei isn't going anywhere.

I am definitely not an early adopter. I'd rather you spend your hard earned money to be the guinea pig. Let us know how it goes. If it holds up for six months/ a year and the price comes down so it's reasonable, then I'll think about it.