Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R
Default Bugs!!

Now I know I'm not the only one...But I really really REALLY hate any flying insect ever made...But this Thread specifically goes out to Lightning Bugs...I swear I hit a patch of those Fuckers and my visor looked like a goddamn radioactive warzone. The Glowing Shit didnt stop for like 2 miles either and theres no use wiping them off it would only make it worse

/Rant.

My Jacket looks like a warzone to...
Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

yup bugs are baddddd

Last edited by Carolina; 07-28-2008 at 07:49 PM..
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Not Only Bugs but on my way to work (I have to go in at 5am which mean I wake up at 4) I have hit two Bats...But Luckily I was in the Cage when this happened...But I swear I thought I was going to Die...Both times I was half asleep and it slammed off my windsheild...Blind Fucks.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I wear yellow glasses with an open visor lots of times. I've had bugs smack me below the glasses on my face and damn does it scare the hell out of me. I couldn't imagine riding without some kind of eye protection because I've had them smack me in the eye before. Luckily glasses where on. I won't ride without glasses anymore.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
t-homo
WSB Champion

The worst are the fuckin june bugs. They are huge and sting when they hit you at 70 mph.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #6
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I got smacked with a Ciggerette Butt Before in the corner of my eye...Damn Near punched the driver in the face when I pulled up to the light...I had to pull over because it was tearing up on me bad and I couldnt see.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I wear yellow glasses with an open visor lots of times. I've had bugs smack me below the glasses on my face and damn does it scare the hell out of me. I couldn't imagine riding without some kind of eye protection because I've had them smack me in the eye before. Luckily glasses where on. I won't ride without glasses anymore.
Why don't you just close the visor??

It does suck when you've hit enough bugs that you HAVE to open your visor because you can't see out of it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Dragonflies (the huge, teradactyl sized ones we have here) FTMFL. It's like getting pelted with a huge rock!

And love bug season sucks ass. Come September, it's still hot as hell, and muggy, and then the lovebugs come out. You've literally got to stop every 30-40 miles or so to clean off your visor, cus they're so thick, you can't see!! But even worse than that is that they STINK!!! Oh holy hell, the stench of squashed love bugs is NASTY!!

I believe I hit a bat once (or it hit me) in the shoulder. I saw it coming, and I felt the pain, and I SWORE when we stopped I'd have a huge bloody mark (from the bat, not me) on my (white) jacket, but I didn't. Maybe it lived?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Why don't you just close the visor??
95-100 degree weather with 80-90% humidity and heavy suburban traffic. It gets hot as hell and found putting glasses on and letting all the wind hit your face keeps you much cooler.

Also at night time (When ALL the bugs come out) the visor is tinted and hard to see out of. But Yellow Glasses makes nighttime riding so much nicer.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
WildKat
It was better in the 80's

Moto: 2000 Kat 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Not Only Bugs but on my way to work (I have to go in at 5am which mean I wake up at 4) I have hit two Bats...But Luckily I was in the Cage when this happened...But I swear I thought I was going to Die...Both times I was half asleep and it slammed off my windsheild...Blind Fucks.
Now that would scare the shit outta me..LOL.

My only claim to fame is having a chicken fly off and open crate in one of those livestock trucks and smack me square in the chest; that shit hurt going about 55 mph on the highway at the time and I couldn't pass him with the traffic.

I know what you mean though about the bugs; fortunately where I ride to work it's not bad with insects but when I go out into the country for a night ride it's like they zero in on you like like they've got a death wish. God forbid if you have to put your visor up to let in some cool air and you get bombarded with the bastards!