Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2009, 02:06 AM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
I never saw Pierre get winded, but he absolutely dominated every aspect of that fight. I cant believe Penn thought it was a good idea to bump up a weight class to fight GSP.

I cant stand Machida, this was the second fight that he just ran away from his opponent and would come back to throw one shot, and then just run some more.
Machida whooped dudes ass, there's not really more you can say about that. If someone went in with a gameplan that forced that dude out of his comfort zone (which obviously is counter-attacking), then we'd see what he's all about. If everyone keeps coming at him and plays his game, we'll see that guy do well.

I sorta expected the Penn/Pierre fight to end up that way, but I was hoping not. Pierre is just too strong for Penn to compete with at that weight. Penn looked pretty decent in the first round, then Pierre just dominated... Penn couldn't do shit. I'm interested in seeing how Penn comes back when he drops back down to his proper weight class.

I'll tell you who excited me the most... Jon Jones or whatever the fuck that guy's name was... Unorthodox, fast, powerful, and fantastic takedowns. Bonner has never been one to impress me, but he's a solid competitor and tough as nails... Ol' dude just kicked his ass. With better conditioning and a more rounded game (some maturity) that guy's gonna be cash money.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote