Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Electrical accessories, project completed

So a few weeks ago I started another thread here about adding some power adapters to my bike. So far I added one, with plans to add one more under my rear seat. The plan was to tap into the stock electrical system as little as possible, in fact there is just one connection to the stock system, at the horn power wire (the horn wont mess with any other systems, thanks Phenix_Rider), the rest of the system is a complete stand alone wire harness.

Here is the scematic that I followed. Plus I added a fuse between the battery and the fuse box.

Anyway here is the start of the bracket that holds the power outlet and the volt/clock. this was actually the 3rd attempt, the first 2 I had issues with stuff rubbing and or getting in the way of either the handlebars or the clutch cable. I wound up deciding to put the power outlet out the side vs up or in the center, this looks like it will work the best.

Here is a picture of the almost finished product where the power outlet plugs in the side.

This is the power system under the seat. I made a bracket to move the CPU over and hold the electrical box. Notice the relay switch above the fuse box, and the main fuse to the left of the fuse box.

This is the finished Dash, notice the key is in the off position and all the LED's aren't lit.

This is the finished Dash, notice the key is in the on position and all the LED's are lit. SUCESS!!!

Comment on my awesomness BITCHEZZZZ!!!!!!!

Last edited by derf; 03-30-2009 at 11:27 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote