Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2008, 12:31 AM   #26
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayer View Post
Gas Man! That bike sounds freakin sweet! amazing job! wish i could see it in person... (had to wipe the drool off my desk)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
well i got the sprockets and chain done tonight despite the 10' of snow we got.. trailered the bike over to cale's and it took about an hour or so.. everything went smooth.. i will definitely be over for some future work.. i want to do a steering dampner - ever do one of those? i also wouldn't mind changing out the clutch cable and adjusting the throttle as it is a little sticky.. changed the fork fluid a couple of years ago not sure how often that should be done.. probably about high time to bleed the brakes and replace the fluid and i wouldn't mind when i did that to do the stainless steel brake lines.. probably be good too to take the tank off and pour some seafoam right into the carbs while it is running.. couldn't hurt.. air filter clean.. damn i have a long laundry list so its a good chance i will hit you up, bring over some homebrew and jerky and we can make good use of that lift and sweet garage.. sorry you offered yet?
steering dampner... stupid easy!

We can do all of that... easy... if you see my lift thread... i just did fork oil on a honda cruiser... no difference on a sportbike.

Seafoam... got some in the garage... always.

cables... part of a normal service IMO

Everybody that knows me... knows I always offer to help. As one of my chopper buddies expierenced this last week... its first come first serve. He was impatient on waiting for me to free up, tried to install some shit himself and f'ed up a bunch of shit... now I have to fix that crap too. oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Again, GM, you put a lot of fucking work into that thing, and it really looks awesome. I am not a cruiser guy myself, but I sure as hell appreciate the elbow grease, method, attention to detail, and a job well done.
Thanks... can't ask for much more on a sportbike site!!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote