Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'm just saying that perhaps because of the scope of what California provides this country is so large, that perhaps its burdens have been greater, and the country may need to share in the effort. Think about all that California is the center of; computers, the movie AND music industries. A major west coast port and distribution center, as well as a huge agricultural industry. It also has a HUGE coastline, and a very high population density.

It is unique among states, and I would say that its problems in this downturn are probably understandably just as unique,
I get it, but California's problems have been in place long before this downturn. It was only back in 2003 that they had a $35+ billion budget crisis.

You can certainly believe what you want, but bou complain about Republicans spending like drunken sailors while ignoring the fact that Obama's deficits have been significantly larger, and this leads you to believe the Republicans are terrible. At the same time California's legislature has been spending like drunken sailors and this leads you to believe the federal government should give them more money we have to borrow from others.

You are also willing to cut California (and the greater NY metro area) slack because of its complexity, size, and diversity while ignoring that the entire country is significantly more complex, large, and diverse.

I understand what you are saying, but the position is still isn't sensible to me.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote