Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #11
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
Yes ma'am that's the site.

Yes, last four from online.

Last two absolutely cold turkey w/ no one inside. Two before that i "kinda" had a leg up, just more of a referal than someone actually pulling and saying "hire this mofo."

What do you do professionally, might I ask?
Security industry, as in security and fire systems, both required and non required fire (although I admit I don't know much too much about required fire and codes...alot to keep up with!). I started out as an attic rat for my ex FIL and worked my way into the office. My mechanical skills suck so I'm slow but I know basic wiring and can wire up most any panel, even better if I have the damn book (not all systems are created equal). I know programming (mainly software based...I know a little doing it from a keypad) and can read codes. I've done pretty much everything from having product knowledge (selling, although I'm more of sales assistant), data entry (err..inputting customer information in as well as gathering info and data entry for monitoring), cleaning old data and keeping monitored accounts current with information to ensure proper procedures and protocol, research (both for appropriate devices for the systems as well as signal & monitoring issues), troubleshooting (both as an installer and as an operator), scheduling appointments for installs and service, kept up with inventory, billing (only accounts receivable, I've done very little accounts payable), help keep up with local laws,codes, and ordinances, made sure my installers were up to date on their license. I worked with my ex FIL for almost 8 years and was more or less his assistant in everthing. My last job, working at the central station is the flip side of the coin and I was there a little over a year. The only thing I didn't know there was how to program the receivers and I was trying to get the owners to teach me that. I'm a SAI/UL licensed operator which allows me to work in any central station in the US (not to be confused with monitoring centers...there's a difference...central stations have more protocols and liabilities and can monitor UL accounts). There's not much about this industry I don't know the basics.

That being said, the industry has given me alot of skills and knowledge I can put to use in another career as well.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

While looking into the online thing (which has never worked for me), don't forget to check with your friends and other contacts (which I've had the best luck with).
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
While looking into the online thing (which has never worked for me), don't forget to check with your friends and other contacts (which I've had the best luck with).
I'm doing that too. My housemate works at Chase and suggested I put my app in online. Did that Saturday. She's trying to get me an interview set up now, although she said it may take awhile. They're rather slow there.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #14
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I'm doing that too. My housemate works at Chase and suggested I put my app in online. Did that Saturday. She's trying to get me an interview set up now, although she said it may take awhile. They're rather slow there.
Okay, so now we have your history... where do you want to go today? Gosh, damn Microsoft.... that was such a catchy slogan though.

Would be more than happy to give your resume a once over. PM coming w/ info.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #15
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
Okay, so now we have your history... where do you want to go today? Gosh, damn Microsoft.... that was such a catchy slogan though.

Would be more than happy to give your resume a once over. PM coming w/ info.
Thanks!

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #16
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I landed a few temp/part time gigs via the internet, as well as a few recruiters leading me to jobs. The important thing i sto get yourself out there and hope something comes your way.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

**UPDATE**

I got a call from the most reputable employment agencies & have an interview with them Friday. They are known for good job placements plus they offer immediate benefits (insurance) as soon as they place you.

There's a catch though....this is the same agency that does job placement for the job that shitcanned me. This may be a test to see what kind of referral my previous employer

I also got a call from another recruiter but I missed it, damnit.

Quote:
Myspace